Click here to subscribe to the
free Classic Movies Weekly
I've been online for the past decade, and during that time I've discovered a number of sources for a variety of things that I want to tell you about. Yes, I have affiliate relationships with some of these sites, but in other cases, such relationships aren't available. I will only affiliate with companies or sites that I trust, so I'm passing along this information to you so that you can avoid some of the trial and error process I went through. Enjoy! (And be sure to let me know if you have any problems.)
- Movies Unlimited - A great source of videos and DVDs. I've had an affiliate relationship with this company for several years, and have never had a complaint. They have an excellent product selection and competitive prices. Although they don't have quite as broad as selection as Amazon.com (see below), because they don't sell used products, they're highly recomended.
- Amazon.com - The Web's #1 retailer has that distinction for a reason. They sell not only videos, DVDs, books, and music, but a lot of other products as well. Use this link, and be sure to tell them we sent you.
- A&E! - Lots of stuff direct from A&E, the television network, including videos, DVDs, books, posters, toys, and more.
- ClassicFlix - If you're tired of trying to find classic films by sorting through all the clutter at other DVD rental sites, try ClassicFlix, which carries only the classics (pre-1970). Their concentration is between 1930 and 1960, and their DVD collection is over five thousand strong and growing. Prices range from the $9.95 a month for one at a time to $36.99 a month for 6 at a time. All plans are unlimited and have no monthly restrictions. They also have thousands of DVDs for sale.
- JM.Distribution, Inc. - If you are in a position to resell DVDs -- at a store, flea markets, garage sales, from your Web site, etc. -- this is a good way to get a large supply of them quickly and inexpensively. You can purchase a pre-selected batch of 250 at an excellent price, or specify which ones you want from their available selection for a slight premium.
- Netflix.com - The cheapest and easiest way to rent DVDs online. You can even try it for free and see if you like it.
- RBCMP3.com - The name may not mean anything to you, but this happens to be the largest Russian music & video store in America. Make this your first stop for classic, or current, Russian films.
- Movie Poster Shop - A huge selection of original posters, reproductions, and "standees," plus a framing service.
- MoviePoster Warehouse - This Canadian firm offers a nice online source of movie posters, many with illustrations. There is a great selection of classic and recent items, as well as non-movie posters, all arranged alphabetically, or searchable by title.
- Amazon.com - Once again, they're the Web's #1 retailer, and books are a specialty. They also sell videos, DVDs, music, and a lot of other products as well.
- Alibris - Alibris connects people who love books, music and movies to thousands of independent sellers around the world. Their proprietary technology and advanced logistics allow them to offer over 40 million used, new and hard-to-find books to consumers, libraries and retailers.
- Book Closeouts - Bargain books at 50-90% off the list price. Check out the Performing Arts/Film category for a list of over 300 books on the topic.
- Sideshow Collectibles - Movie, tv and proprietary collectibles for The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, James Bond, Aliens, Predator, Star Trek and many more.
- ICDSoft - This is the hosting service we use for this site, and we have no complaints whatsoever. You can't beat the price ($5 a month for the basic service, with no setup fees or other hidden costs), the tech support is quick and friendly, and you can upgrade if you want, assuming you even need to (we haven't yet)!
- Delphi Forums - The best place to get a free discussion forum on your topic. (It's the same one we use for our forum.) You can also upgrade by paying from $4.95 and up per month if you want one with no ads and more bells and whistles.
- Extreme Tracking - A free traffic tracking service for your Web site.
- Free Search Engine Submission - Submit your site for free to 18 search engines, including Google and MSN, and other paid services of interest to Webmasters.
- FreePolls.com - Get free polls for your Web site, just like the one on this page. ensuring that you receive the highest revenue per click regardless of your category or traffic.
- Text Link Advertising - Increase your link popularity and reach top 10 listings with LinkWorth.
- Linkadage - Auction off text links on your site to make a few extra dollars and pay for your hosting!
- VerticalResponse - If you have or want to create an email newsletter, this is the best service we've found for sending them out, with an option for a text-only newsletter to avoid spam filters. It costs only 1.5 cents per newsletter in small quantities.
- Drugstore.com, inc. - Save time and money by ordering your drugstore items from the largest online drugstore and pharmacy, with thousands of trusted brand name products.
- The Free Site.com - A big collection of up-to-date listings of freebies of all kinds, from helpful Web tools to free stuff for families. Free newsletter, too.
- MyPoints.com - You may have heard of this one, but what you may not know is that it's a legitimate way of earning free gift certificates. You can accumulate points a few at a time for just clicking on links from emails you get every day, or you can earn more by actually signing up for programs (you don't have to continue past the trial periods, however, but you still get to keep the points bonus). I've been a member for several years, and have gotten $5-$10 gift certificates for Blockbuster, Boston Market, and more. Important: If you do decide to join, please put WRITER890 into the box labeled REFERRED BY A FRIEND.
- PayPal - Join PayPal and discover an easy way to collect and disperse funds online. They have an excellent shopping cart program, as well as a simple way to ask for donations from site visitors. Classic Movies has had a PayPal account for several years, and we've never had a problem.
- ShareaSale Affiliate Network - Sign up for one or more affiliate programs from a wide variety of online merchants, all of which are coordinated through ShareaSale.com. Once you're approved, it's easy to sign up, and you can get affiliate links through the same site. You'll find some of them on this site, in fact.
Videos and DVDS -- Retail, Wholesale, Rental
Posters and Photos
Books and Music
Web Hosting, Webmaster, and Business Services
Money-Saving and Money-Making Resources